Residence Special Accommodation

Residence Life Special Consideration Form for Students with Disabilities

Residence Life strives to assist all students with disabilities and/or other specific personal challenges by providing residence accommodations that will meet their needs. In order to assist you, we require your help in determining how we can best address your specific needs.

We will only consider requests for a particular residence from students with disabilities that, if assigned elsewhere, will greatly affect their quality of life. Such requests include medical impairments, hearing or vision impairments, medical health conditions, physical challenges, or other permanent or ongoing medical conditions that would in some way affect the general well being of the resident.

In preparation for the start of a new academic year (September), all requests must be completed prior to June 30, of that year in order to allow for adequate consideration and facilitation within in the placement process.  Mid-year requests will be facilitated as placement and other necessary environmental factors permit, and in coordination with related policies and procedures.

Nipissing University has four rooms in residence which are accessible to physically or mobility impaired students. These accessible residences feature architecturally modified living, sleeping and washroom facilities.

Residence Special Accommodation Form