Nipissing University's Peer Tutoring Program is designed to facilitate the provision of one-on-one peer-led tutoring sessions for students who request course-specific help. We do our best to recruit tutors for specific courses but sometimes we are unable to find a match.
The objectives of the program are:
- To provide course-specific learning assistance to students by pairing them with a peer who has demonstrated competence in that particular course in the past.
- To enhance students' success by fostering understanding and application of concepts and methods as they pertain to a particular subject.
- To provide Peer Tutors the opportunity to refine their communication, instructional, and interpersonal skills through the process of being an educator.
- To supply Peer Tutors with the means to consolidate their knowledge in a particular subject area.
Please Note: It is the policy of the Peer Tutoring Program that Peer Tutors are not to help with assignments to be submitted for grading unless a signed Permission Form has been obtained from the instructor.
* All services will be conducted virtually until further notice.