The Mature and Transfer Student Network is a transition program that supports mature students, college transfer students, and university transfer students as they complete their studies at Nipissing University.
Students in the network are put in contact with a resource person in Student Learning and Transitions to help as they get adjusted to life on campus, to act as a point of referral to other campus support services, and to provide one on one academic success coaching (focused on goal setting and academic success strategies).
- are 20 years of age or older by the end of their first semester at Nipissing University,
- have been away from formal education (secondary school, community college, etc.) for at least the previous two years, and
- are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
This definition is used by Nipissing University for admissions purposes. In actuality, many students may identify as mature by virtue of having more life, educational, or professional experiences, having family or caregiving responsibilities, returning to studies after a number of years, or other additional life responsibilities.
College Transfer Students:
- are students who attend college prior to enrolling at Nipissing University, and
- may or may not have received advanced standing.
University Transfer Students are:
- are students who have attended another university prior to enrolling at Nipissing University, and
- may or may not have received transfer credit(s).
Current students looking for academic or transition support can reach out to Hillary Neill via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective students considering enrolling at NU, connect with Sarah Marinelli via email@example.com.
For questions about transfer credits, reach out to Marney Leclerc via firstname.lastname@example.org