Welcome Nipissing University Lakers!
We are excited to welcome you to our spectacular campus and to our vibrant residence community. You, along with close to 975 other Nipissing University students will soon commence or continue your journey as a residence student. This website provides you with information to prepare for the big move in day and what to expect in the first week that you arrive. We encourage you to read through all of the documents on this site to ensure that your move in and transition is as smooth as possible. Please take special note of the parking and traffic information for your assigned residence complex.
We look forward to welcoming you to our residence community and wish you the best for the rest of your summer.
North Bay Campus
Undergraduate Move-In Day: August 24, 2019
Consecutive Bachelor of Education Year 1 Move-In Day: TBA
Upper-Year & Returning Student Move-In Period: August 24th - September 3rd, 2019
What to Expect on Move-in Day
Lakers, we are excited to welcome you to residence for the 2019-2020 academic year!
Move-in day is a day full of positive energy, smiling faces, music, and meeting new people. If you find yourself with questions on move-in day, look for anyone in a staff or volunteer shirt and they will be happy to help.
Once you arrive on campus, please head directly to the complex you have been assigned to. At your complex, you will be met by a parking attendant who will direct you to where to park your vehicle for unloading.
Check in runs from 10:00am – 4:00pm. There is no benefit to showing up early - doors will not be open until 10:00am. If you are hoping to avoid the rush, you are advised to arrive in the afternoon.
Once parked, you will be able to enter the front door of the complex and head straight into the assembly room for check in.
Once you have checked in, a member of the Residence Life leadership team will escort you to your new room and give you important information to start your year off well.
Our volunteers will be eager to assist you with moving in your belongings. Remember to label your boxes with your name and suite number!
Select Your Residence Complex
What to Bring?
- Bed Linens: our beds are twin size (39"x75")
- Mattress Cover
We provide a garbage can in each bathroom.
- Shower curtain
- Toilet Paper
- Shower shoes
- Hair dryer/straightener
- Cleaning supplies
For Your Room:
We provide a desk (with a desk light), chair, garbage can and dresser in each bedroom.
- Posters/Pictures to personalize your space
- Sticky Tac (don't use tacs/nails or tape on walls)
- Hangers/over the door hooks
- Surge-Protected Power Bar
- Apartment size fridge (max. 8-cubic feet)
Governors House, Chancellors House and Founders House all use coin operated laundry machines.
- Laundry Basket
- Laundry soap/dryer sheets
- Coin (quarters and loonies, each load will cost $1.50)
For the Kitchen:
Our suites have a full kitchen including a gas stove and full size fridge/freezer. It is a good idea to connect with your roommates once we send out our room assignments to coordinate who will bring what items.
- Cleaning supplies
- Kitchenware (utensils, pots & pans, dinnerware, glasses)
- Coffee maker
- Health Card/Insurance Documents
- Umbrella/rain gear
- Winter clothing
- Prescription medication
- Recreational items (our suites do have a small storage unit that is shared by all occupants)
What Not to Bring?
We ask that you do not bring the following items to residence:
- Pets (please leave all pets at home, especially on move in day)
- BBQ (there is one at each location which you can sign up to use)
- Open-flame indoor grill
- Illegal drugs and paraphernalia
- Halogen lamps
- Full-sized appliances (freezers, fridges, dishwasher, washer, dryers, air conditioners)
- Waterbed/hot tubs
- Deep fryers
- Nails/3M hooks
Here are some things that you may not have thought about:
- Write you name and suite number on all of your boxes/items
- Please leave family pets at home (animals are not allowed in our residence complexes)
- Contents Insurance - have you purchased contents insurance?
Have further questions? Please send us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org