Welcome Nipissing University Lakers!
We are excited to welcome you to our spectacular campus and to our vibrant residence community. You, along with other Nipissing University students will soon commence or continue your journey as a residence student. This website provides you with information to prepare for the big move in day and what to expect in the first week that you arrive. We encourage you to read through all of the documents on this site to ensure that your move in and transition is as smooth as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you to our residence community and wish you the best for the rest of your summer.
What to Expect on Move-in Day
Lakers, we are excited to welcome you to residence for the 2020-2021 academic year! We are planning for your arrival and will be doing things a little different this year due to COVID-19 guidelines.
Student will receive move-in instruction to their student email. Move-ins will be scheduled in advance based on specified dates and times. In an effort to afford physical distancing to those moving in, appointments will be restricted in numbers for each time slot and date. Students will only be permitted to bring with them two supporters to assist with their move.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select Your Residence Complex
What to Bring?
- Bed Linens: our beds are twin size (39"x75")
- Mattress Cover
We provide a garbage can in each bathroom.
- Shower curtain
- Toilet Paper
- Shower shoes
- Hair dryer/straightener
- Cleaning supplies
For Your Room:
We provide a desk (with a desk light), chair, garbage can and dresser in each bedroom.
- Posters/Pictures to personalize your space
- Sticky Tac (don't use tacs/nails or tape on walls)
- Hangers/over the door hooks
- Surge-Protected Power Bar
- Apartment size fridge (max. 8-cubic feet)
Governors House, Chancellors House and Founders House all use coin operated laundry machines.
- Laundry Basket
- Laundry soap/dryer sheets
- Coin (quarters and loonies, each load will cost $1.50)
For the Kitchen:
Our suites have a full kitchen including a gas stove and full size fridge/freezer. It is a good idea to connect with your roommates once we send out our room assignments to coordinate who will bring what items.
- Cleaning supplies
- Kitchenware (utensils, pots & pans, dinnerware, glasses)
- Coffee maker
- Health Card/Insurance Documents
- Umbrella/rain gear
- Winter clothing
- Prescription medication
- Recreational items (our suites do have a small storage unit that is shared by all occupants)
What Not to Bring?
We ask that you do not bring the following items to residence:
- Pets (please leave all pets at home, especially on move in day)
- BBQ (there is one at each location which you can sign up to use)
- Open-flame indoor grill
- Illegal drugs and paraphernalia
- Halogen lamps
- Full-sized appliances (freezers, fridges, dishwasher, washer, dryers, air conditioners)
- Waterbed/hot tubs
- Deep fryers
- Nails/3M hooks
Here are some things that you may not have thought about:
- Write you name and suite number on all of your boxes/items
- Please leave family pets at home (animals are not allowed in our residence complexes)
- Contents Insurance - have you purchased contents insurance?
Have further questions? Please send us an email - email@example.com