What is the Teaching Hub?
The Teaching Hub represents Nipissing University’s commitment to excellence, leadership and innovation in teaching and learning practice and scholarship. The Teaching Hub offers an inviting space for faculty and staff to discover, explore, share and experiment.
The Teaching Hub supports Teaching and Learning through four main focus areas:
The Teaching Hub supports the development and sharing of the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) by creating publishing and presentation opportunities and linking Nipissing University scholars with related associations and groups.
The Teaching Hub offers support for the celebration of teaching excellence and educational leadership in the form of awards, teaching chairs and fellowships.
- Workshops, speakers and events related to teaching and learning
- Collaborative workspace to facilitate knowledge sharing, peer engagement and the building of communities of practice
- Access to resources that showcase teaching and learning best practices
- Connection to instructional design services
- Venue for celebrating excellence in teaching and learning
- Space to engage with the Dean of Teaching and Teaching Chairs
- The Teaching Hub is open to all faculty and staff of Nipissing University. Workshops held in the Teaching Hub may also be open to students, partner organizations or the general public.
- Those interested in booking areas within the Teaching Hub for a workshop or event should use the regular NU Room Booking form, and select the appropriate space: the Auditorium (A250) or the Sandbox (A252-C).