Mandate of the Nipissing University Accessibility Advisory Committee (NUAAC)
Provide leadership and resources to promote and foster a barrier free campus for students, employees, faculty, visitors and volunteers. The NUAAC shall:
- Identify accessibility concerns, investigate and respond appropriately.
- Identify facilities, regulations, policies, programs and services that could cause barriers for any persons with disabilities within the campus community.
- Create a plan in collaboration with the university’s planning process with regards to AODA standards.
- Communicate the policies of the AODA to the campus community with respect to new standards and implementation guidelines.
- Advise the University with respect to all matters of the AODA.
- Oversee the strategic directions for implementation of the requirements arising out of the AODA and its standards.
|Casey Phillips||Assistant Vice-President, Students||Ext. 4100|
|David Drenth||Director, Facility Services||Ext. 4842|
|Heather Hersemeyer||Director, University Technology Services||Ext. 4346|
|Nancy Black||Executive Director, Library Services||Ext. 4220|
|Nancy Stevens||Faculty of Arts & Science||Ext. 4850|
|Paul Ritter||Marketing, Web||Ext. 4917|
|Robert Brownlee||Marketing, Web Developer||Ext. 4607|
|Sarah Driessens||Office of the Dean of Teaching||Ext. 4621|
|Harikesh Panchal||NUSU Vice-President, Advocacy||Ext. 4303|
|Steven Hansen||Faculty of Education & Professional Studies||Ext. 4091|
|Terry Kirkby||Manager, Contracts & Projects||Ext. 4505|
|Sydnee Wiggins||Human Resources & Equity Advisor (Chair)||Ext. 4066|
|Sarah Yackobeck||Recording Secretary – HR Office Administrator||Ext. 4898|