City with a View
Nipissing University is situated on the traditional territory of Nipissing First Nation, and within the Robinson-Huron Treaty of 1850. We also acknowledge the nearby Anishnabek communities of Dokis First Nation and Temagami First Nation.
The City of North Bay, Ontario, is nestled between Lake Nipissing and Trout Lake and is surrounded by numerous protected natural areas, heritage forest parks and historical sites. Approximately a three-and-a-half hour drive or a quick 45-minute flight from either Toronto or Ottawa, our friendly and inviting city is a popular year-round destination. Offering plenty of activities, amenities, and services to meet your student needs, North Bay's vibrancy is only exceeded by its hospitality.
Things To Do
The city boasts numerous opportunities for outdoor activities year-round on its beautiful beaches, golf courses, Nordic and downhill ski clubs, and urban bike/ trail systems. In addition to the activities available to you on campus, North Bay offers so much more:
- YMCA with pool
- Arenas (Memorial Gardens hosts our local OHL team, the North Bay Battalion)
- Shopping malls, local businesses
- Restaurants, pubs and bars
- Downhill ski and snowboarding hill (one right here in town and a second within a 45-minute drive)
- Nordic ski clubs (we also have ski trails on campus)
- Biking paths and walking trails
- Golf courses and tennis courts
- Public beaches ideal for swimming and canoeing
- Capitol Centre (features theatre performances and concerts)
- Art galleries
- North Bay Museum
- Community festivals and events
- Transportation via city bus, taxi or online ride service
From the moment you step on campus you will feel at home! Check out the City of North Bay’s website to get an idea of what there is to see and do in North Bay. Visit TourismNorthBay.com for more information about our beautiful city and everything is has to offer! To make getting around a breeze, a City of North Bay transit pass is included in all full-time student incidental fees.