Join innovative and intelligent students like you in the pursuit of a world-class degree in Arts and Science. Our faculty offers over 21 areas of study ranging from Biology to Sociology so no matter where your passion is we have a program for you.
- Engage with some of the best educators and thought leaders with Nipissing small class sizes.
- Benefit from personalized attention and in some cases even participate in graduate-level research.
- Experience a truly unique setting with state-of-the-art facilities nestled in 256 acres of pristine forest.
- If you love the outdoors and looking for a quality education Nipissing is for you
- Guaranteed single room in residence for first year students admitted from high school
French Language Placement Test
The French program is designed to expand on the knowledge of the French language first acquired in elementary and secondary schools.
All students who wish to take French courses at Nipissing University are required to complete the French Language Placement Test prior to registering in their first French course. This test will evaluate the language competency of students and enable them to enroll in the appropriate language level.
There will be an online test available between 1:00 pm and 9:00 pm on the following dates:
NSO week (reserved for students attending NSO only):
- Monday, July 6, 2020
- Tuesday July 7, 2020
- Thursday, July 9, 2020
Other Dates for Fall Term:
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020
- Wednesday, August 5, 2020
- Wednesday, August 19, 2020
- Wednesday, September 2, 2020
- Wednesday, September 9, 2020
The online test consists of 2 grammar sections and a composition section. You must complete the test BEFORE 9:00 pm as the test will not be accessible after this time. For the oral component of the test, you must make an appointment with the professor in charge. The oral test will be done through Blackboard Collaborate.
The French Placement Test is divided into three components:
Grammar (1 hour)
Dictation and composition (15 minutes)
Oral interview (10 minutes)
Students who wish to register for the French Placement Test must send an email to Nicole Savage at email@example.com providing the following information:
- Student name
- Student ID number
- Student telephone number
- Test date requested
Students will receive an email confirmation with their appointment time to do the oral test with Nicole Savage (between 1:00 pm and 9:00 pm).
Areas of Study
There are a variety of degree programs in Arts and Science in Humanities, Sciences, Fine Arts and Social Sciences.
- Child and Family Studies
- Classical Studies
- Computer Science
- English Studies
- Environment and Physical Geography
- Environmental Biology and Technology
- Environmental Geography
- Fine Arts
- Gender Equality and Social Justice
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Science
- Native Studies
- Political Science
- Religions and Cultures
- Social Welfare and Social Development
The Faculty of Arts and Science is pleased to announce a new initiative that supports the transition from high school to university. Students will have an opportunity to take unique courses that inspire curiosity and provide an open dialogue for discovery. This pathway is intended for students who are determined to earn a university education but have faced challenges in an academic environment. Through our customized classes, students gain the skills and knowledge required for continued success as they work towards their Bachelor of Arts or Science degree. The pathway admits students applying directly from secondary school who have an average below the 70% admission requirement.