Biidaaban Academic Support (BAS) is a tutoring program for Indigenous youth with a focus on mathematics and literacy. Nipissing University student volunteers offer one-on-one support during school hours in local schools.
Nipissing University students: Want to become a volunteer tutor?
Contact Christine Benoit, Biidaaban Community Service-Learning Officer, at 705-474-3450 x4586 or email email@example.com.
October 2019 to March 2020. Tutoring schedules vary.
Nipissing First Nation:
- Nbisiing Secondary School
Near North District School Board:
- Silver Birches Public School
- Sunset Park Public School
- W.J. Fricker Intermediate
- White Woods Public School
- Woodlands Public School
Nipissing-Parry Sound Catholic School Board:
- Mother St. Brides Catholic Elementary School
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Elementary School
- Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Elementary School
- St. Alexander Catholic Elementary School
- St. Joseph Scollard Hall Catholic Secondary School
For more information, contact Christine Benoit, Biidaaban Community Service-Learning Officer, 705-474-3450 x4586 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biidaaban Academic Support is presented in partnership with the Office of Indigenous Initiatives, the Near North District School Board and the Nipissing-Parry Sound Catholic District School Board.