The Schulich Teaching Chairs are faculty who have demonstrated teaching excellence and a desire to advocate for and support evidence-based teaching innovation. Chairs are responsible for fostering a culture of teaching and learning; championing teaching and learning best practices on-campus, online, and in community classroom spaces; and contributing to the scholarship of teaching and learning across all Faculties, Schools and Departments.
Office Hours: The Schulich Teaching Chairs host weekly office hours to connect and collaborate with colleagues to discuss teaching and learning best practices connected to their area of expertise. Staff, faculty, instructors, and students are all welcome to connect with the Teaching Chairs during these times to engage in conversation, seek out collaboration, ask for input on a research project, or discuss best practices to support teaching excellence at Nipissing University.
Dr. Charles Anyinam
Schulich Teaching Chair of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
(2021 - 2023)
Virtual Office Hours Wednesdays 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm via Zoom. Click here to join.
Dr. Michelann Parr
Schulich Teaching Chair of Open Educational Resource Development (2022-2024)
Virtual Office Hours Tuesdays 10:30 am - 12:00 pm via Teams, email: email@example.com, or, in-person by appointment, in the Teaching Chairs Resource Centre (A250-B)
Previous Schulich Teaching Chairs
- Dr. Sandra Goldsworthy - Schulich Teaching Chair of Online and Virtual Lab/Studio Experiences (2021 - 2022)
- Dr. Mark Wachowiak - Schulich Teaching Chair of Online and Virtual Lab/Studio Experiences (2021 - 2022)
- Dr. Douglas Gosse - Schulich Teaching Chair of Learning Outcomes (2020)
- Dr. Alex Karassev - Schulich Teaching Chair of Motivation and Assessment in STEM (2019-2021)
- Dr. Anne Wagner - Schulich Teaching Chair of Supporting Diversity in Higher Education (2019-2021)
- Dr. Denyse Lafrance Horning - Schulich Teaching Chair of Experiential Learning (2018-2020)
- Dr. Sal Renshaw - Schulich Teaching Chair of Interdisciplinary Learning (2018-2020)
Schulich Teaching Fellows
This is an earlier Nipissing University award program that recognized faculty for excellence in teaching.
- Dr. Maria Cantalini-Williams, Schulich School of Education (2014-2015)
- Dr. Graydon Raymer, School of Physical and Health Education (2011-2012)
- Dr. Ann-Barbara Graff, Faculty of Arts and Science (2010-2011)
- Dr. Blaine Hatt, Schulich School of Education (2010-2011)