In compliance with the Ministry of Colleges and University’s July 16, 2021 memo regarding fall planning for the postsecondary education sector, the Continuity of Education Plan (CEP) for Nipissing University includes the following:
- information about protocols (i.e., health and safety) in the event of an emergency;
- information on continuity of education in the event of a disruption to in-person teaching and learning; and
- links to useful resources in the event of an emergency.
Information about protocols in the event of an emergency
The links below provide information on the policies and protocols in place in the event of an emergency:
- Procedure for Managing Positive Cases and Outbreaks on Campus
- Emergency Management Plan
- Emergency Response Contacts
- COVID-19 Updates & Resources
- Positive Cases on Campus Website
- General Health and Safety Information
Information on continuity of education in the event of a disruption to in-person teaching and learning
Nipissing University is positioned to address potential disruptions to in-person teaching and learning by:
- applying public health measures in learning spaces, and
- shifting modes of delivery from on-site to hybrid and/or on-line delivery as appropriate.
Information on campus access restrictions can be found on our Return to Campus Framework page.
Support for Teaching & Learning
In the event that a shift in delivery mode is required, there are many supports available through the Teaching Hub to support the shift to hybrid or online delivery.
Support for Remote Work
In the event that a shift to remote work is necessary, a number of resources are available to support staff and faculty in this transition: