POSITION TITLE: Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Outreach Assistant
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May 10, 2021
HOURS OF WORK: Average 35 hours per week
RATE OF PAY: $14.25/hour + Vacation as determined by HR policy
The Sexual Violence Prevention Outreach Student Assistant will assist in the planning, implementation and assessment of gender equity and sexual violence awareness programs. The incumbent will assist in the creation and maintenance of educational campaigns and the creation of social media content. Additionally, the incumbent will be trained as a peer facilitator for workshops on consent, understanding gender/ gender identity, and bystander intervention. The incumbent will work with a team of trained facilitators to present training workshops to various campus groups and student leaders throughout the year.
This position will assist with the following:
- Planning and implementation of campus wide events
- Development of educational print and video materials, including but not limited to: presentations, posters, campaigns, and social media content
- Research best practices on creating safer spaces on campus
- Become a facilitator for consent, gender identity, and bystander intervention workshops
- Manage the @consentbelongshere email
- Administrative duties to plan, execute and follow up workshops
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to attend an interview selection process
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Excellent level of responsibility, reliability and punctuality
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with public speaking
- Ability to work in a discreet and confidential manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability of relating to students from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds
- NU Student (2nd year or above) with good academic standing (cumulative average of 65% or higher)
- Experience working with survivors of sexual violence and/or advocacy to end gender based violence an asset
- Successful candidates will be required to apply and demonstrate approval for NUWork funding to maintain this position.
*Due to the intensity of the subject matter for this position it is important that the incumbent feel comfortable in researching, planning and facilitating initiatives related to sexual violence.
**In order to maintain appropriate boundaries, students who are currently receiving services from the Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Coordinator may not be eligible for this position. We encourage these candidates to speak with the Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Coordinator before applying.
***Please note that this position is subject to final university budgetary approval***
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter referencing the position title and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Nipissing University is an inclusive employer and will provide accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.