Employer: Hockey Opportunity Camp
If you're looking for a fun and dynamic working environment, that combines an office role with an outdoor summer camp experience, then this position is for you.
The Administrative Assistant is required over the four months of the Spring and Summer Employment Period and encompasses two sets of responsibilities; one in the Spring and one in the Summer. During the Spring, the Administrative Assistant acts as a general assistant for various administrative duties at HOC. During the summer, the role switches over to a communication liaison between campers and parents, in addition to various summer administrative tasks.
This combined role is a designated office position, with increased camper and staff interaction throughout the summer months.
Job Type: Summer
Hours: Variable - congregate living environment with varied hours of work and time off daily. Expect between 40-60 hours/week.
Wages: $400 - $450/week, depending on skills & experience. Room & Board are included, including all meals.
Duties & Qualifications:
- Be available in the office to answer phone calls, respond to emails, etc.
- Assist with the registration of campers.
- Assist with general administrative tasks to help prepare for summer.
- Communicate with summer staff prior to Orientation Week.
- Participate in the June Family Day Open House.
- Assist the Administrative Director with weekly tasks as required.
- Assist the Program & Counselling Directors with weekly administrative tasks as required.
- Be available to assist Camp Directors as required or when schedule allows.
- Assist with all aspects of camper registration, check-ins, and check-outs when required.
- Assume the responsibility of Parent Communications Representative.
- Be the main source of communication between parents and campers when campers are at camp.
- Support the execution of the First 48 HR Program ensuring an email is sent/call made to parents of first-time campers during their first 48 hours at camp.
- Manage and proactively resolve parent inquiries & requests ensuring efficient and timely response to email and telephone inquiries on a daily basis.
- Work directly with Section Heads / Counselling Director to facilitate camper communication.
- Facilitate the management of all Lost & Found items.
- Review camper and parent survey results weekly. Follow up on issues with parents/campers/staff identified in survey.
- Minimum 19 years of age.
- Completed at least one year of a relevant post-secondary school program.
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal and written.
- Computer / technology skills are an asset.
- Highly organized and independent worker.
- Proactive 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and guests.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Valid G driver's license.
- Genuine interest in personal wellness.
- Current certificate of Emergency First Aid & CPR.
- Respect in Sport certification.
- Must be an enthusiastic, energetic and positive person.
- Must be willing to take part in camp related activities outside the defined job description.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are asked to submit a staff application via our online staff application portal. Please click this link to visit our website https://www.learnhockey.com/site/camp-health-care-staff. If you have any questions during the application process you can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you.