Our Winter 2020 dates have concluded. Please check back in the Fall.
We offer free literacy programming on selected Saturdays in the Fall and Winter (10a.m.-12p.m.) and select PD Days. During these sessions, children are partnered one-on-one or in small groups with reading mentors (Nipissing University teacher candidates) to engage children in literacy learning opportunities. Most recent sessions have been held on campus. Please note that we are not able to hold sessions on all PD days or March Break due to our teacher candidates' practicum schedules.
At each of our sessions/events, children will:
- Participate in interactive group and one-on-one/small group activities
- Develop skills in a high-support learning environment
- Interact with encouraging adults, who model enthusiasm for reading and literacy
Registration for the Saturday Sessions/P.D Day Events is required prior to attending a session. The registration link will be sent by email. For notifications of registration dates, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on our listserv.
Each session offers mixed age programming and is available to anyone between the ages of 4-11 years.
- Sessions have concluded for Winter 2020.
If you have any questions about signing up your child(ren) for NU Reads, please do not hesitate to contact us!
- Call us at 705.474.3450, ext. 4077
- Or email us at email@example.com