The following instructions/information will assist you with respect to WebAdvisor workflows maintained by the Office of the Registrar.
For WebAdvisor questions or concerns not covered in these instructions, please contact the help desk - email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 705-474-3450 x4342.
- Access Nipissing University’s Home Page and click on My Nipissing.
- Enter your username (your nipissing email address for example email@example.com), and password (6 to 9 characters in length and include both numbers and letters) and click on Sign In.
- Click on Go to WebAdvisor.
- Click on Students.
- Click on Search & Register for Classes in order to register for a course.
- Choose the appropriate term (i.e., 21FW for a Fall or Winter course in 2021, GR21SS for Graduate courses in Spring or Summer 2021, etc.) and a course subject (i.e., HIST for History, etc.). Click submit.
- Click on the box beside the course(s) you wish to register in. Click submit.
- Under Preferred Sections you will now be required to select an ‘Action’ for each course you have selected. In the ‘Action’ box you have three options: Register, Remove from List, or Waitlist. If the course is open select Register to register. If the course is closed and allows a waiting list select Waitlist to be added to the waiting list. If you neither want to register nor go on the waiting list then you should choose Remove from List to remove that course selection from your Preferred Sections. Click submit.
- You will then receive a message indicating your status in the chosen course(s). Your status should appear as “Registered for this section” to indicate that you have registered successfully in the course.
- Return to Students Menu, click on Search & Register for Classes and repeat steps six through nine.
- To verify your course selection, click on My Class Schedule or View My Class Selections or View My Timetable on the menu. This should be done after adding or dropping courses. You may want to print it for your records.
- Be certain that your mailing address is correct. To update it, select Mailing/Home Address Change on the students menu.
Note Regarding Professional Development for Teachers: If you are registering for our Additional Qualifications courses, follow the instructions listed above, however in Step 4. Click on Additional Qualifications Students.
Manage My Waitlist
For courses that allow a waiting list, Manage My Waitlist will show you what position you are on the waiting list. You will also be able to register yourself in the course once a space is available. If a space is available in a section, you will be sent an email to your Nipissing student email account notifying you of the available space and how much time you have to register in the course.
- At any time you may select Manage My Waitlist to see what position you are on a list.
- If a space is available in a course, Manage My Waitlist will show the status as “Permission to Register”. An email will also be sent to your Nipissing student email account to notify you that a space is available.
- To register in the course you would select the action ‘Register’.
- If you do not wish to remain on a waiting list, go to Manage My Waitlist and select the action ‘Remove’ to remove your name from the waiting list.