Already assigned courses as a Peer Note Sharer/Note Taker?
You can upload your notes by accessing the Portal below.
Want to Become a Peer Note Sharer/Professional Note Taker?
Student Accessibility Services supports students with disabilities. When you provide notes for SAS you are helping to give students with disabilities fair and equitable access to their education.
Are you a Nipissing University student who:
- Attends class on a regular basis and takes detailed lecture notes?
- Has a minimum of 70% average?
- Would be interested in sharing your notes to provide support to a student with a disability?
Then this is the opportunity for you!
PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGES NEW IN FALL 2021: Based on accommodation, SAS will now provide one of the two services of which you can be a part of:
Peer Note Sharing
This is a volunteer role and will be the primary note taking support provided by SAS. Each term, all note sharers who have satisfied the requirements of the role will have their names entered in a draw for $200 gift card.
Professional Note Taking
This is a paid position and the support is limited to students with specific disabilities. Professional note takers will be paid hourly at the current minimum wage. Opportunities for this position will be limited.
ALL note taking supporters who satisfy the requirements of either role will:
- be formally recognized with a letter of acknowledgement.
- have the role included on their Record of Student Development (RSD)
When confirming your interest in providing notes for a course, SAS will always indicate if the position is for a peer note sharer or a professional note taker. Your response will not affect your eligibility for other courses.
For NEW Peer Note Sharers/Note Takers: Students who have not held the position of a SAS Note Sharer/Taker in the past.
- Complete and submit the online application form below.
- Pass the minimum overall average verification of 70%. (Exclusion: Does not apply to 1st year students, who do not have an overall average)
- Self-Enroll into our Blackboard course to complete the brief training. Complete the Note Taker Training Quiz, and obtain 100% within 3 attempts.
- Sign and submit the code of ethics/confidentiality form. This form is found within the training course in Blackboard. NEW! Electronic Signatures Accepted!
Once we have verified all 4 requirements, you will receive an email welcoming you to the team!
To enroll into the Blackboard course (SAS - Student Accessibility Services):
- Click on--> Note Taker Application
- If not already logged into Blackboard, you will be prompted to do so.
- If indicated, click on "Enroll" (this may not be present on your page).
- Click on "Peer Note Takers".
- The links to the Training and Quiz are on the left.
For ALL Peer Note Sharers/Professional Note Takers: Below is the link to complete the Note Taker application.
- Complete and submit the Note Taker Application Form .
- Pass the minimum overall average verification of 70%.
Once we have verified both requirements, your email address will remain within our roster. We will contact you should any opportunities come available for one of your courses.