Employees who are symptomatic (regardless of their vaccination status) with any of the COVID-19 symptoms listed on the Ministry of Health’s website must not be present on campus. Should the employee develop any symptoms while they are on campus, the supervisor should advise the employee:
- To immediately return home and self isolate.
- Complete the Ministry of Health’s Self Assessment and follow the recommendations based on their COVID-19 self-assessment results.
- Contact the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit COVID-19 hotline at 1-800-563-2808 if they have any general COVID-19 questions.
- Contact the NBRHC Assessment Centre (705-474-8600 ext. 4110) to make an appointment to be tested for COVID-19.
- NOTE: For COVID-19 positive diagnoses, the employee should continue to self-isolate for 10 days from the onset of their symptoms, 10 days from their test date if they are asymptomatic or until COVID-19 infection has been ruled out.
If the employee has been assessed by NBRHC assessment centre, the employee must:
- Inform their supervisor that they have been tested; and
- Remain in self-isolation while awaiting the test results.
- If the test results are positive:
- The employee must follow the directions provided by the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit;
- The employee must provide documentation of their test results to Carrie Duchesne, HR Generalist, Benefits, Pension and Attendance by way of screenshot from the Ontario COVID-19 results portal;
- The employee must complete the self declaration form
- The employee must be symptom free for 24 hours and have been discharged from isolation by a health professional before resuming regular work duties.
- If the test results are negative:
- The employee must provide documentation of their test results to Michelle Banks, HR Generalist Health, Safety and Wellness by way of screenshot from the Ontario COVID-19 results portal; and
- The employee must be symptom free for 24 hours before resuming regular work duties.
Employees are required to self isolate if:
- They have a confirmed COVID-19 case or have been tested and are awaiting results;
- They are symptomatic with any symptoms related to COVID-19;
- They have been deemed as a high risk close contact and are not fully vaccinated
- They are not fully vaccinated and are a close contact of an individual who has 1. a confirmed COVID-19 case or 2. have been tested and are awaiting results (regardless of whether or not they are symptomatic);
- They are a non fully vaccinated parent/guardian/caregiver of a person under 16 years of age who:
- Has a confirmed COVID-19 case or have been tested and are awaiting results;
- Has symptoms related to COVID-19; or
- Has been in close contact with an individual who has a confirmed COVID-19 case or has been tested and is awaiting results.
Should you have any questions, please contact Michelle Banks, HR Generalist Health, Safety and Wellness via email at email@example.com.