** PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION, NIPISSING UNIVERSITY STAFF WILL BE WORKING REMOTELY. DURING THIS TIME, THE RECOMMENDED METHOD TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION IS BY E-MAIL TO iep@nipissingu ca. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. **
This two-year program is comprised of three components:
- summer sessions at Nipissing University in North Bay, Ontario
- e-Learning delivered courses to teacher candidates in community, and
- in-school internships under the supervision of a certified teacher, in a classroom setting.
The following is the procedure for applying:
Part 1 Applicants:
Submit the following to the Office of the Registrar:
- Completed application form (under "Full-time Studies - Summer start");
- Minimum completion of Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent. Candidates without grade 12 can be admitted if they are 20 years or older and have been out of school for two years or more;
- A one-page statement outlining why you wish to be a teacher of Indigenous Languages;
- Two letters of reference of which one letter is from an individual (not a family member) in a professional capacity who can attest to your level of fluency (Chief and Council, Education Director, Education Authority Board member, Cultural Committee member, etc.).
Part 2 Applicants:
Send the following to the Office of the Registrar:
- Completed application form (under "Full-time Studies - Summer start")