ATP consists of 2 FREE programs which are designed to introduce students registering with Student Accessibility Services (SAS) to available services and supports, skill development workshops, and the opportunity to get a jump start on connecting with peers and the SAS Team. Students can register in one or both programs.
Not registered with SAS?
Accessibility Transition Program (ATP): Launch 2021! Click here for more information
ATP: Launch 2021 will be virtual and takes place August 23-27. Participants will receive some free swag! Register below
ATP: Launch is designed to introduce new students who have registered with SAS to available services, supports and to provide skill development opportunities essential to a successful university transition. ATP: Launch will also include social events and activities.
A feature of ATP is our Student Transition Leader program (STL) which will seek the involvement of upper-year or graduated SAS students to share information, resources, experiences as Lakers and in life in general as students with disabilities.
Benefits of attending ATP: Launch
- Learn about accommodations, adaptive technologies, and learning resources
- Explore learning strategies and what works best for you
- Develop your self-advocacy skills
- Establish a support system with like-minded individuals
- Benefit from the experiences of upper year SAS student
- Participate in fun and engaging activities and workshops
For more information:
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter: @NipissingSAS
Accessibility Transition Program (ATP): Connect
ATP: Connect begins with the Fall Term. Connect is an ongoing support and transition program for students registered with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). You can look forward to workshops and events that support you throughout the fall and winter terms.
For information about ATP:Connect contact:
Benefits of enrolling in ATP: Connect
- Access transition support and accessibility services resources
- Access resources that are designed to promote academic success
- Connect with other students registered with SAS
- Participate in discussions and have your questions answered by SAS staff
- Register and participate in workshops and social events
ATP: Connect will address three key areas that aid in a student’s success at university:
Explore the different services and workshops that SAS has to offer. Topics include learning styles and strategies and information on adaptive technology services.
Build upon your self-advocacy skills, stress management techniques and overall wellness in workshops and online discussions that will enhance your university experience.
Participate in events and online discussions that will allow you to connect with peers, learn what life at Nipissing is like, and hear from other students about their experiences at Nipissing.