What is WHMIS 2015?
WHMIS is a short form for Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System. It is a comprehensive plan for providing information on the safe use of hazardous materials used in Canadian workplaces. Information is provided by means of product labels, safety data sheets (SDS) and worker education programs.
Do I have to take WHMIS 2015 training?
WHMIS 2015 training is required if you:
- May be exposed to hazardous materials due to your work activities (including normal use, maintenance activities, or emergencies);
- Use, store, handle or dispose of a hazardous material;
- Supervise or manage workers who may be exposed to, or use, store, handle or dispose of a hazardous material;
- Are involved in emergency response.
Please talk to your supervisor to decide whether or not you require WHMIS 2015 training.
WHMIS 2015 - Online Training Course
You will be required to self-enroll into the WHMIS 2015 training course. To start the process please click on the applicable link below. Enter your log-in credentials and proceed to click on the 'Enroll' button on the left side of the page. .
If you encounter issues with the enrollment process, please review this the following document
- WHMIS 2015 Instructions - Self-Enroll (Faculty & Staff)
- WHMIS 2015 Instructions - Self-Enroll (Students)
Course Completion Certificate
For information on how to print your WHMIS 2015 certificate please download or open this document.
Please keep a copy of your records and also forward a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.