What if every student and alumni from Nipissing University had five to fifteen new connections to learn, share, and grow?
Join this network to:
- Help shape the careers of students and young alumni by sharing your career advice and experience
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of other Nipissing University alumni and faculty based on your industry and interests
As a graduate from Nipissing University you have valuable life and career advice to share. With 85% of jobs being filled via networking and 2.4 million jobs available over the next four years, it is key for students to receive support and advice from those in industry. The top skills companies are looking for across ALL industries are active listening, speaking, critical thinking and social perceptiveness. Everyone can improve these skills by connecting with others, sharing your story and asking thoughtful questions.
Powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, and supported by RBC Future Launch, NU Café is an exclusive networking and mentoring platform that introduces you to alumni and students based on specific career interests and goals. You can schedule and set up a coffee chat in-person or online.
How does NU Café work?
- You’ll receive a monthly introduction to a student or fellow alumni based on your career interests and goals
- Suggest a time to chat, in-person at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience
- Receive an official LinkedIn certification to recognize your commitment to mentoring and networking
- Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your inbox, so you don’t need to use another tool!
How do I join?
LinkedIn connects Nipissing University alumni from around the world! Membership is free and open to anyone. LinkedIn is a space where alumni, current students, faculty, staff and employers can connect to discuss career-specifics topics, issues, and advice.