Programs, Degrees and Certificates at Nipissing University
Undergraduate students learn the fundamentals from a range of offered programs and hone transferable skills to help realize life goals with support from accessible professors, the best student services in Canada, and a myriad of hands-on learning opportunities.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Leadership
- Human Resources
- International Business
- Child and Family Studies
- Classical Studies
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Studies
- Education (Concurrent)
- English Studies
- Environment and Physical Geography
- Environmental Biology and Technology
- Environmental Geography
- Fine Arts
- Art History and Visual Studies
- Studio Art
- Film Studies
- Gender Equality and Social Justice
- Culture and Criticism
- Power and Inequality
- Human Rights and Social Justice
- Indigenous Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Science
- Pure Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics
- General Mathematics
- Physical and Health Education
- Political Science
- Religions and Cultures
- Social Welfare and Social Development
- Social Work
Graduate and Post-Graduate
Nipissing graduate students further develop their expertise in a specialized field and enhance the intellectual and research community of scholars among graduate students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Consecutive Bachelor of Education
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in Sociology - Applied Social Research
- Master of Education
- Masters of Environmental Sciences/Studies
- Master of Science in Kinesiology
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- PhD in Education (Educational Sustainability)
- Scholar Practitioner Program (SPP)
The Schulich School of Education offers some of the top education programs in Ontario and is a recognized leader in the field. Renowned for developing exceedingly well prepared and professionally-minded teachers.
Nipissing University offers a number of Certificates across a wide variety of fields and industries.
- Certificate in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)-Lifespan
- Certificate in Archaeological Monitoring
- Certificate of Bilingualism
- Certificate in Digital Classics
- Certificate in Early Intensive Behaviour Intervention (EIBI)-Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Certificate in Digital Humanities
- Certificate in Environmental Management
- Certificate in Forest Resource Management and Conservation
- Certificate in Game Design and Development
- Certificate in Geomatics
- Certificate in Health Studies and Gerontology
- Certificate in Indigenous Leadership
- iLEAD Business Experience Certificate
- Certificate in Peace and Violence Prevention Studies
- Certificate in Program Evaluation and Applied Research (PEAR)
- Certificate in Neuroscience
- Certificate in the Study of State Violence (War, Atrocity, and Genocide)
Nipissing University, situated on the traditional territory of Nipissing First Nation and within the Robinson-Huron Treaty of 1850, offers an inclusive and collegial environment for learning. Indigenous students, their families, Elders, youth and children are a welcome in this community, and the office of Indigenous initiatives offers an enhanced educational experience through a holistic approach to academic, personal and cultural support.
Students come to us with unique backgrounds and circumstances. Our priority is to offer as much help as possible by applying already earned postsecondary credits from a college or university to an undergraduate or professional degree program. We offer flexible full- and part-time studies, on-site, online, and blended delivery programs from multiple locations that fit conveniently into personalized schedules.
- BComm Degree Completion for College Graduates (College Partnerships Off Campus)
- Business Degree Completion for Graduates of AFOA Canada's Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager Diploma
- Business Degree Completion for CGA Students
- Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) Blended Delivery
- Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) Bridging Program
Post-Baccalaureate Diplomas and Certificates
The School of Business offers a series of certificates and diplomas to meet the needs of students wishing to learn about business in shorter periods of time compared to a typical degree program. The options below range from 30 to 60 credits and represent broad or specialized learning opportunities.
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in General Management
What is the Difference Between a Major, Minor & Specialization?
Use the charts below to learn about the differences between a major, minor, specialization and other terms that universities often use. In general, these terms are used to define how in-depth you've studied a particular topic (i.e. how many courses you've completed in a certain area of study).
Once enrolled at Nipissing, our academic advising team can help you decide on the best option(s) for you.
Types of Undergraduate Bachelor Degrees
|Degree||Usual time to completion||# of Credits|
|Bachelor (Honours)||4 years||120 Credits|
|Bachelor (Four-year)||4 years||120 Credits|
|Bachelor (Three Year General)||3 years||90 credits|
|Bachelor (Three Year Liberal)||3 years||90 credits|
Options within your Degree
|# of Credits
(designated by a department/discipline)
|Honours Specialization||60 credits||Only available in the Bachelor (Honours) degree.|
|Specialization||54 credits||Only available in the Bachelor (Four-year) degree.|
|Major||36 credits||Available in a Bachelor degree (Four-year) or a Bachelor degree (General).
Majors are also available as part of a Double-Major option within a Bachelor (Honours) degree.
|Minor||18 credits||Available with an Honours Specialization, Specialization, a Major, or another Minor.
A degree with a single Minor is not available.
*Not all programs offer all options - please check the Academic Calendar for details on the specific program or degree you are interested in.