On campus in North Bay, Full-time, 4-year
Our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) program is offered through an educational partnership with Canadore College. Classes are learner-centred, and are taught by skilled faculty from both schools.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) program offers students a distinctive, collaborative education through its educational partnership with Canadore College. Classes take place in a student-centred learning environment with faculty from both institutions. Courses are taken at Nipissing University and Canadore College, both conveniently located on the same campus. Clinical experiences are provided at the new North Bay Regional Health Centre (NBRHC), as well as agencies throughout the city, depending on the focus of the practicum. The NBRHC is located within comfortable walking distance of Nipissings main campus and residence complexes, and offers a convenient, accessible and state-of-the-art facility where you will gain valuable practical experience beginning in your first year.
Certificates available to all Nipissing students
- Click here for the School of Nursing Collaborative BScN Student Handbook
- Click Here for the Clinical incident form
- Click Here for the Credential Assessment Form
Students are responsible for all associated costs and expenses incurred for application to or while enrolled within any Nursing program.
These may include, but are not limited to, the following: BCLS-HCP CPR certification, criminal reference check/vulnerable sector screening clearance, mask-fit testing, required lab/practicum equipment and/or supplies, licensure preparatory requirements, transportation to and from any theoretical and/or practicum course placement, etc.
Nursing Mentor Program
If you are a first-year nursing student in our on campus programs, you can join a mentoring program that will pair you with an upper-year nursing student. The mentorship program, facilitated by the Nipissing University Nursing Society, gives you access to support and resources. Peers share their experiences with each other and become involved in a variety of extracurricular activities both on- and off-campus. Additional academic support can be accessed through the Office of Student Development and Services.
The Nipissing University Nursing Society (NUNS) is comprised of a group of nursing student representatives that organize fun social activities as well as provide students with support for academic needs. NUNS is made up of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Class Representatives, and Volunteers. Each of the members in the society are elected by the nursing students. Some events that NUNS facilitate include: activities that support professional development, co-mentorship among students in all years, opportunities for social interaction, encouragement for students to get involved and contribute to the local community, nursing clothing and lab kit orders, first year orientations, annual nursing Christmas formal, and a variety of fundraising events.
The BScN program at Nipissing University will prepare you for a successful career in the rapidly growing and vast field of nursing. This facility features our state-of-the-art simulation labs, which support all of the critical components of nursing in areas of acute care, obstetrics, gerontology, mental health, family and community healthcare.
Our goal is to support your academic and personal development. Look for assistance with accessibility services, learning style assessments, writing skills, writing formats, study strategies, time management, note-taking skills, academic resources, group seminars, peer support, career development activities, and more. Learn More...
Achieve your goals on time and on budget. We’ll help you fund your education through scholarships, awards, bursaries, government assistance, and work study programs. Learn More...
If you want to experience a year or a semester at one of our partner schools across the globe, we have support services and programs to help you get there. If you want to assist International students with adjusting to life in Canada, we’ll connect you. Check out your options...
Our registered counsellors offer free, year-round personal counselling services, specialized therapeutic groups, referral services and a host of wellness, educational and awareness events to all full- and part-time undergraduate and graduate students. Learn More...
Our top-rated residences will make you feel right at home. You will make fast friends with your residence community. Our student leaders, Residence Dons, and award winning residence staff give tutorials on everything from the basics of laundry and cooking to making connections within the community. Learn More...
Students enrolled in the Nipissing University Promise program will be invited to return to Nipissing, tuition free, for up to 30 additional credits if six months after completing their four-year undergraduate degree program with a 70 percent average and all required elements of the program, they have not secured career-related employment.
For more information please visit The Nipissing Promise.
Leadership and Community Engagement
If you are eager to get involved beyond the classroom, take part in the annual Undergraduate Research Conference, which gives you the opportunity to present your work to peers, professors, and family members. You may also have opportunity to work as a Research Assistant to help a professor conduct research and gain valuable experience at the same time.
Involvement and experiential learning lead to more personal and academic success by connecting classroom learning to real world experience. Volunteer on your campus and within the community and be officially recognized for all that you do. The Record of Student Development (RSD) documents that you have completed a series of involvement outcomes that all employers are looking for. Achieving all the competencies associated with the RSD will help you communicate the depth of your experiences as you apply to career opportunities.
Employers are looking for people with the following proven abilities:
- Analytical Skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-Solving skills
- Strong Work Ethic
To register and see the full list of RSD competencies visit www.nipissingu.ca/rsd
Students attending Nipissing University in North Bay and long distance students are members of the Nipissing University Student Union. Our organization strives to represent students democratically, provide a communication framework, and lobby for legislative change on issues that affect students.
Exercise and healthy competition always help to clear the mind.
Nipissing’s Athletics Department offers a wide range of intramural activities to keep you on your game
LAKERS CLUB SPORTS
Club sports are available to all Nipissing students and are both recreational and competitive.
Go Lakers! Our varsity athletes always bring their “A” game. Get your friends together and come out to cheer on your favourite teams.
STUDENT ATHLETICS CENTRE
Whether you are a gym enthusiast or a weekend warrior, Nipissing has just what you need.
- Assistant Professor, DirectorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeA201-AExtension4611Website—
- Program Manager for the BScN Collaborative ProgramBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeA201-BExtension4247Website—
- ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeD305Extension5883Website—
- Assistant ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeA201-LExtension4039Website—
- ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeN/AExtension5403Website—
- ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOffice—Extension5843Website—
- ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeN/AExtension5249Website—
- Assistant ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeA201-NExtension4552Website—
- ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeN/AExtension5186Website—
- ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeN/AExtension5405Website—
- Assistant ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeA201-OExtension4815Website
- ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeD328Extension5304Website—
- ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeN/AExtension5830Website—
- Adjunct ProfessorBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeN/AExtension—Website—
- Clinical Placement Coordinator, (Contract)Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeA201-JExtension4661Website—
- SecretaryBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeA201-CExtension4090Website—
- Learning Systems TechnologistBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeA201-KExtension4093Website—
- Clinical Placement ClerkBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeA201-HExtension4579Website—
- SecretaryBachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) CollaborativeOfficeA201Extension4567Website—
After graduation, you will be eligible to write the national licensing exam. Upon successful licensure, you will enter a rewarding profession of endless opportunity within health care.
Graduates of the Nipissing University School of Nursing commence their nursing careers within local, national and international health care delivery environments. Many excel in their careers to become leaders in nursing and health care organizations.
Nipissing takes pride in knowing that, as a graduate of the nursing program, you will be equipped with the required nursing knowledge, skills, and competencies that you will need to meet your goals. You will be well positioned to work within the many domains of nursing such as public health, community and hospital nursing, health education, and case management. You may also consider future directions in academic or research institutions, furthering your education with graduate studies, or starting your career in today’s complex health care system, research-related jobs,or administration. Whatever career path you choose, Nipissing will have prepared you for a rewarding and challenging experience