Senior Women Academic Administrators of Canada (SWAAC)
Graduate Student Award of Merit
At least three awards, each in the amount of $4,000, will be awarded annually to the women graduate students who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in the university or general community while maintaining exemplary academic records.
Women registered in Master's or PhD programs at any Member Institution of Universities Canada within a designated region are eligible to be nominated. Regions and number of awards are defined as follows, and eligibility shall rotate among them:
- Ontario (2023) - 5 awards
- Western Provinces (2024) - 4 awards
- Quebec (2025) - 4 awards
- Atlantic Provinces (2026) - 4 awards
1. Outstanding academic performance.
2. Evidence of leadership, including but not limited to such things as:
- executive positions in student organizations
- participation on committees (student committees and university committees)
- organization of special events, conferences, etc.
- involvement in advocacy groups
- involvement in volunteer organizations, within the campus setting and/or in the general community.
Each university in the designated region may nominate, through the Dean of Graduate Studies or her/his delegate, one person for the award. The Dean shall also be responsible for the appointment of a nominating committee for the award and for providing the Selection Committee with all necessary documentation in support of the nomination, including:
- biographical data*
- curriculum vitae
- academic records
- three letters of reference
For more information, visit: http://www.swaac.ca/graduate-student-award-of-merit.html