Advanced Standing/Transfer Credit for Bachelor of Commerce College Partnership Program
Advanced Standing – credit granted for college work
- Advanced Standing is NOT granted on a course-by-course basis. Advanced standing credit is based on the overall learning outcomes of your college diploma so that your entire diploma is equivalent to the list of courses given as advanced standing credit.
- The School of Business, in conjunction with the Admissions Office, has determined the advanced standing credit for the program and stream from which you graduated.
- Advanced Standing Credit is different for each stream within a Business Administration diploma
- In general, fourth year university courses are not given as advanced standing credit. These are referred to as “capstone” courses - courses that bring all of your learning together in the final stages of your degree program
- If the textbook for a university course is the same as one you used in college, it does not mean that you will not learn anything new from this course. We have determined that our course does introduce new information to you.
Transfer Credit – credit granted for university work
- Transfer credit is granted on a course-by-course basis.
- Credit can only be granted for grades of C or higher. D grades may be transferred in if there are A and B grades on the transcript to compensate.
Outside professional certifications are not taken into considerations when assisning advanced standing/transfer credit (if applicable). It is your responsibility to research professional certification requirements and ensure that you meet them, if desired.
At what point will I be given the advanced standing or transfer credit?
Once you have been offered admission, accepted that offer of admission, and we have received your final transcript indicating that you have graduated, you will be granted the advanced standing or transfer credit. You might have problems registering for some courses if this credit has not been granted by the time you attempt to register, because some of the advanced standing credits are prerequisites for courses. You will be blocked from registering from courses if you do not have the prerequisite either as a completed course with us, or as advanced standing or transfer credit.
I took an additional diploma, besides the Business Administration diploma. Am I eligible for additional advanced standing credit?
You may be eligible for additional advanced standing credit for additional diplomas completed if your GPA was above 3.0 (or equivalent). This is determined by the Admissions Office. If you note that you have not been given more than 45 credits in advanced standing but your GPA on an additional diploma was above 3.0, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that you are required to complete a minimum of 30 credits directly through Nipissing University in order to graduate with a Nipissing degree, regardless of the number of advanced standing or transfer credits granted.
I have completed some courses at another university. Can I get credit for these?
You might be able to receive transfer credit for these courses. This will be determined by the Admissions Office. If you have not been given more than 45 credits in advanced standing but have completed university courses, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that you are required to complete a minimum of 30 credits directly through Nipissing University in order to graduate with a Nipissing degree, regardless of the number of advanced standing or transfer credits granted.
Please note: Anyone awarded more advanced standing or transfer credit than the standard 45 credits awarded for your Business Administration diploma should contact an academic advisor to determine how this changes what you need to take to complete your degree program. The academic advising office can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or (705)474-3450, extension 4958.