Our North Bay Campus is home to state-of-the-art facilities like the Harris Learning Library and the R.J. Surtees Student Athletics Centre. Customize your learning experience in our Applied and Professional Studies, Arts and Science, and Education degree programs.
Located within driving distance of Orillia and Barrie, our stunning Muskoka Campus located in the heart of Bracebridge offers a number of humanities programs including Child and Family Studies and Liberal Arts.
The Concurrent Education program at our Brantford Campus is offered in partnership with Laurier Brantford. Graduates receive an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Society, Culture & Environment from Laurier Brantford and a Bachelor of Education from Nipissing.
The Schulich School of Education at Nipissing University provides in-service education courses for teachers including: Additional Qualification (AQ) courses, Additional Basic Qualification (ABQ) courses, Honour Specialist courses, and Principal's Qualification (PQP) courses.
MATH SUBSIDY ANNOUNCEMENT
Funding for Math Additional Qualifications, Additional Basic Qualifications and undergraduate prerequisite courses
Starting April 1, 2014, the Ministry of Education, through the Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF), is providing a subsidy of $450 to teachers who successfully complete an AQ or ABQ course in Mathematics or an undergraduate Math course that is a prerequisite for an AQ/ABQ Math course.
The subsidized courses are
· Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 1,
· Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 2,
· Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Specialist,
· Mathematics, Grades 7 and 8,
· Mathematics, Intermediate/Senior (ABQ),
· Mathematics, Honours Specialist,
· Any undergraduate Math course that is prerequisite to the AQ/ABQ courses listed above.
Click on FAQs for more information on the program and subsidy.
In order to receive a subsidy, OTF will require the following four pieces of information from either the AQ provider or the individual teacher:
· Proof that the AQ/ABQ has been successfully completed;
· Proof of membership in an OTF Affiliate (Federation Membership #);
· A declaration that no other subsidy has been accessed for the course or if it has, the amount of said subsidy;
· A current mailing address for receiving the subsidy cheque.
Ready to apply? Please note: When you have completed the application form, you will be asked to ‘save’ or ‘don’t save – be sure to click on ‘save’ for your application form to be complete. Click on application form.
© Nipissing University
2014 • Disclaimer • Privacy • Accessibility