Celebrating Jewish Heritage Month - A Message from the President
May is Jewish Heritage Month in Canada, a time to celebrate Jewish culture, heritage, history, and the many contributions that Jewish Canadians have made to our country.
The disturbing rise in antisemitism across the globe means it is more important than ever to celebrate diversity, and it highlights our shared responsibility to take action and denounce all forms of hate and discrimination on our campus and in our communities.
I encourage you to take some time this month to explore the resources on this page to learn more about Jewish culture and history. Educating ourselves on the historical and present issues facing Jewish Canadians will help us better understand how we can create and sustain an inclusive culture on our own campus.
For further information on Jewish Heritage Month or other issues and initiatives related to equity and inclusion, please contact Traci Malkowski, Human Resources and Equity Advisor at email@example.com.
Kevin B. Wamsley, PhD
President & Vice-Chancellor
- Jewish Heritage Month Webpage
- Statement by Minister Hussen marking Jewish Heritage Month in Canada
- Learn more about the Jewish Family and Child Service of Greater Toronto via an online exhibit, created in honor of the agency’s 150th anniversary in 2018.
Jewish Family and Child Service | Live Exhibit (jfandcs.com)
- Celebrating Canada – The Jewish Experience
An online exhibition on the Canadian Jewish Experience, created in conjunction with Canada’s 150 anniversary in 2017.
Films and Videos
Short Educational Video Clip
National Film Board
- The NFB has curated a selection of films that celebrate the important contributions that Jewish Canadians have made to Canada’s social, economic, political and cultural fabric.
- Canadian Jewish Heritage Month - NFB