Looking for something exciting? Enjoy engaging sessions and workshops that will inspire the mind and connect you to a network of life-long learners. Leisure learning opportunities appeal to a wide audience and are designed to be creative and educational. A variety of in-person and virtual options are available.
Leisure Learning opportunities are designed and delivered with our region's audience top of mind. Opportunity to participate in fun, engaging sessions and workshops that will inspire the mind and connect participants to a network of life-long learners.
Benefits of such learning opportunities include but are not limited to increasing physical, mental and emotional health. Participants will:
- Strengthen social contacts
- Pursue just for fun learning
- Expand personal development and/or growth
- Discover personal strengths and limitations
- Increase life satisfaction and enjoyment
Have questions about Leisure Learning offerings?
Phone: 705-474-3450 ext. 4180
Extended Learning was pleased to offer the following workshops in Summer 2022:
- Healthy Habits
- Miniature Figure Painting
- Introduction to Podcasting
- Macrame Coasters
- Virtual Piano Lessons
- Cyanotype Printing & Bleach Dye Custom T-Shirts
- Acrylic Painting - Paint Night
- Computer Basics for Seniors
- Mandala Painting
- Needle Felting
- Capturing the Little Moments Photography
- Social Media for Aspiring Influencers
Stay tuned for more workshop offerings!
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Please notify us a minimum of one week prior to the workshop start date. Failure to cancel registration one week prior to the workshop start date may result in full or partial registration charges. If the cancellation is due to extenuating circumstances, please contact our Extended Learning team to discuss.
Nipissing University reserves the right to cancel Leisure Learning workshops without notice. Should a cancellation take place registrants will receive notification in writing with as much notice as possible along with a full refund.
An administration fee of $10 for registrations less than $200/person and $20 for registrations over $200/person will be applied.
Please note that all visitors to campus should park in the Visitor's Parking Lot. Please see the image below with the blue markings to indicate the Visitor's parking Lot.
This lot is paid parking and the machine's accept cash or credit.
- Take College Drive up the hill towards Nipissing University Campus.
- Turn left at the stop lights into Nipissing University Campus.
- Turn right at the first side street. You will drive past the library and the Athletic Centre.
- The parking lot beside the Library and across from the Athletic Centre is Visitor Parking.