Mandate of the Nipissing University Accessibility Advisory Committee (NUAAC)
Provide leadership and resources to promote and foster a barrier free campus for students, employees, faculty, visitors and volunteers. The NUAAC shall:
- Identify accessibility concerns, investigate and respond appropriately.
- Identify facilities, regulations, policies, programs and services that could cause barriers for any persons with disabilities within the campus community.
- Create a plan in collaboration with the university’s planning process with regards to AODA standards.
- Communicate the policies of the AODA to the campus community with respect to new standards and implementation guidelines.
- Advise the University with respect to all matters of the AODA.
- Oversee the strategic directions for implementation of the requirements arising out of the AODA and its standards.
|Traci Malkowski||Chair - Human Resources Generalist||Ext. 4811|
|Casey Phillips||Assistant Vice-President, Students||Ext. 4100|
|David Drenth||Director of Facilities Services||Ext. 4842|
|Jade Nighbor||Manager, Digital Marketing||Ext. 4494|
|Heather Hersemeyer||Director of University Technological Services||Ext. 4346|
|Nancy Black||Executive Director - Library Services||Ext. 4220|
|Sarah Tedesco||Manager, Student Accessibility Services||Ext. 4907|
|Terry Kirkby||Manager, Contracts and Projects||Ext. 4505|
Faculty of Education & Professional Studies
|Nancy Stevens||Faculty of Arts & Science||Ext. 4850|
|Rob Brownlee||Marketing, Web Developer||Ext. 4607|
|Paul Ritter||Marketing, Web Developer||Ext. 4917|
|Hannah Mackie||NUSU President||Ext. 4801|
|Carly Saunders||Recording Secretary - HR Office Administrator||Ext. 4898|