The following Manuals and Guides are the minimum standard for working in a laboratory. There may be specific situations that require more rigorous safety protocols than contained in these manuals and guides.
- NU Lab Safety Manual Rev. June 2018
- NU Biosafety Manual Rev. Nov 2017
- NU Autoclave Guidelines
- NU BioSafety Cabinet SOP
- Hazardous Materials Disposal Guide
- Hazardous Materials Spill Management Program
- Ansell Glove Chemical Resistance Guide
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards 2005-149 (Sept 2007)
- Wiley Guide to Chemical Incompatibilities 3rd ed.
This e-guide lists more than 9000 chemical compatibility profiles and contains suggested fire extinguishing media and dangerous decomposition products that may be released in a fire.
To access this e-resource please click the "Wiley Guide to Chemical Incompatibilities" link to be taken to the Nipissing University Libraries catalogue page. Enter Wiley Guide to Chemical Incompatibilities into the search box and follow the instructions to retrieve the e-resource.
***UPDATE*** The new Canadian Biosafety Standards 2nd edition has replaced the "Canadian Biosafety Standards and Guidelines 1st edition. The link to the new guidelines is available under the "Related Links".