STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES STUDENT ASSISTANT
STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES
Full time MAY 2021 – SEPT 3, 2021 + 10 hrs/week
RATE OF PAY:
$14.25/hr + vacation pay as determined by HR policy
HOURS OF WORK:
The Student Accessibility Services Student Assistant assists the department in planning, implementing, and assessing the Accessibility Transition Program programming scheduled for late August. This program is designed specifically to support students with disabilities transition to Nipissing University. The Student Accessibility Services Student Assistant also aides the department’s various programs, initiatives, and services aimed at providing students with an accessible and barrier free learning environment. The incumbant will also support the NSO program.
The Student Accessibility Services (SAS) Assistant will aide the SAS team by assisting with:
- Developing, implementing, and assessing SAS’s Accessibility Transition Program;
- Providing an orientation to the programs and resources available through Student Accessibility Services to prospective and incoming students;
- Training and support student mentors aiding in the Accessibility Transition Program to assist new students in their transition to university;
- Collaborating with various departments throughout the institution to facilitate new student programming incorporating multiple perspectives (including Residence Life, Indigenous Initiatives, Student Counselling Services, and Student Learning and Transitions);
- Researching and gathering data relating to best practices within Student Accessibility Services
- Preparing content for multiple audiences across different formats (online, print, etc.) as required, including alternate format materials for students using assistive technology;
- Assist with New Student Orientation
- Successful candidates will be required to apply and demonstrate approval for NUWork funding to maintain this position
- Student (2nd year and above) with strong academic standing (cumulative average of 70% or higher).
- Excellent level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural, and social backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the city of North Bay and Nipissing University programs, initiatives, and services that promote student academic and personal success.
*Please note that the availability of this position is pending final budget approval.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter referencing the job title and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Nipissing University is an inclusive employer and will provide accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.