POSITION TITLE: Residence Maintenance Assistants
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May 2021 to August 2021
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30am – 4:00pm (1/2 hour lunch “unpaid”)
RATE OF PAY: $14.25 + 4% vacation pay as determined by HR policy
The Residence Maintenance Assistants will assist with routine cleaning, maintenance and landscaping.
This position will assist with the following:
- Annual ‘deep cleaning’ program (e.g. appliances, vent and duct cleaning, upholstery and carpet cleaning, waxing floors, etc.)
- Priming and painting of various walls, bedrooms, suites, etc.
- Provide general outdoor maintenance from time to time (includes removal of garbage, weeding, etc.)
- Moving furniture/equipment as required
- Other related duties as required
- Successful candidates will be required to apply and demonstrate approval for NUWork funding to maintain this position
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks with little or no supervision
- Previous experience in a cleaning/maintenance position is considered an asset
- Previous experience in stripping/waxing floors and painting is considered an asset
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn
- A negative Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required prior to being hired
All positions are subject to final budget approval.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter referencing the position number/job title and three (3) references to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Nipissing University is an inclusive employer and will provide accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.