POSITION TITLE: ORIENTATION STUDENT ASSISTANT (2 Positions)
DEPARTMENT: STUDENT LEARNING AND TRANSITIONS
EMPLOYMENT DATES: MAY 2021 – Sept. 3, 2021
RATE OF PAY: $14.25/hour + vacation pay
The Student Learning and Transitions (SLT) Orientation Student Assistants assist the department in planning, implementing, and assessing first-year student orientation programming including New Student Orientation (NSO), Lakers Orientation (LO) which includes components of NUSU O-Week, International Student Orientation, and Accessibility Transition Program (ATP).
This position will assist with the following:
- Developing, implementing, and assessing comprehensive new student programs for a diverse student population with various stakeholders.
- Collaborating with various departments throughout the institution to facilitate new student programming.
- Preparing content for multiple audiences across different formats (online, print, etc.) as required.
- Promoting the department through social media channels in alignment with the SLT Social Media Strategy.
- Researching and data gathering relating to best practices within student development and services.
- Participate in ongoing professional development including in-service opportunities provided by the department.
- Completion of utilization, assessment, and satisfaction reports; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Student (2nd year and above) in good academic standing.
- Excellent level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality.
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal communication skills, and comfort with engaging in conversation with people from intersecting identities stemming from different cultural backgrounds, beliefs and/or experiences.
- Knowledge of Nipissing University programs, initiatives, and services that promote student academic and personal success.
- Successful candidates will be required to apply and demonstrate approval for NUWork funding to maintain this position
All Positions are subject to final budget approval.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter referencing the position number/job title and two (2) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Nipissing University is an inclusive employer and will provide accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.