About the County
"Bold and beautiful Bruce County... a healthy, caring community of prosperity and innovation."
Join our team powered by innovation and shared values where explorers turn obstacles into opportunities and individual challenges into shared solutions. You will discover a lifestyle that provides endless opportunity for exploration at work and after. Your adventure with Bruce County starts here.
About the Job
The Nursing Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Temporary Personal Support Worker for individuals working in the capacity of a Student during Nursing School. These positions are variable hours with the opportunity to work during the school year as time permits (approx May 1 - Sept 1).
The wage for this position is $26.41 per hour, based on the UNIFOR collective agreement.
Shift Premiums for evening, night and weekend shifts
Employee Assistance Program, Discounts
Health & Wellness:
Health & Safety Program
Workplace Mental Health Program
Health & Wellness Committee Activities
Winter Loan Program
The successful applicants will possess the following skills and qualifications:
· Completion of first year Bachelor of Science - Nursing Studies at an accredited university with enrollment in Fall of 2023
· Availability on a reasonable basis for all three shifts (6AM-2PM, 2PM-10PM, 10PM-6AM), weekend work and call-ins
· Genuine interest in caring for the elderly
· Possess a “Residents First” philosophy
· Ability to take direction and adapt to change
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work interdependently and as part of a team.
· Knowledge and experience with the Long Term Care Homes Act (2007) and regulations
· A clear criminal reference and vulnerable sector check will be required
· A two-step TB skin test will also be required.
· Experience using Point Click Care (PCC)
· Gentle Persuasive Approaches training
Bruce County requires that all new hires show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 to be eligible for a position.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer committed to barrier-free employment practices. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.