Employer: Elephant Thoughts
Location: Travelling to and between remote communities
Elephant Thoughts is recruiting instructors for our Indigenous School Programs. Short and long-term contracts available, beginning February, 2022. Start dates are rolling and students are encouraged to apply!
• A believer that education is an important tool to effect positive change in our world?
• Passionate about issues facing Indigenous youth?
• A certified teacher, post-secondary graduate or student with a background in education and/or science and/or math?
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively in:
• English (required)
• French (strong asset)
• Willing to travel to some of the most beautiful, yet remote areas of the country?
• Excited by the idea of challenging yourself every single day?
• Creatively minded, a problem-solving guru with an ability to adapt to ever-changing situations?
- Travel and accommodations provided while working in remote communities.
- Accommodations provided during the training period.
- Meal stipends provided while working in remote communities and during travel.
KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILLS ESSENTIAL
• Teaching/tutoring experience, preferably in Math and/or Science
• Excellent oral and written English and/or French and/or Indigenous language(s)
• Good presentation skills.
• Intermediate computer ability with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace,
social media platforms, virtual teaching through various tools (Microsoft Teams,
Google Meets, Zoom)
• Advanced Internet research skills, email skills.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs. boxes on wheels
• Ability to engage and motivate others.
• Flexible, energetic, team player,
• Punctual, reliable, open to new experiences, continuous learner.
• Experience in a multilingual, multicultural environment.
• Cultural sensitivity
• Problem solver, takes initiative, positive outlook.
• Valid Canadian driver’s license and ability to drive long distances on remote
• Current police clearance report with attention to vulnerable sector screening
• Available to travel to and between Northern Communities
• Adaptable to living conditions in remote communities
• Be in good health
KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILLS DESIRABLE:
• Teaching certificate
• Experience teaching children and youth of various backgrounds
• Experience teaching children and youth with special needs
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating why this program is a good fit for you.