Organization: Georgian Bay Association
Location: Parry Sound
Georgian Bay Association is looking for a recent graduate from university or college to carry out research and analysis and prepare presentations and reports on several coastal protection projects. This is a 12-month full time position based in Parry Sound and applicants must meet Northern Ontario Heritage Fund (NOHFC) requirements. The start date for the position is November 1, 2021.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/workforce-development-stream
Job Type: Full time, 12 month contract
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe.
- Post-secondary qualification (recent graduate) in municipal law, Ontario planning regulations,
municipal structure, planning law, or environmental degree/certificate. Qualifications in similar postsecondary programs will be considered.
- Good communication skills (oral and written communications, public speaking), including:
- provision of project reports and analysis;
- developing project deliverables, such as PowerPoint presentations, tables, graphs, charts and,
- website & social media content.
- Local knowledge of Georgian Bay issues will be a benefit but not a requirement
- No previous work experience required
- No certification or professional designation required
For more information, please review the job posting attached.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to Georgian Bay Association via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 29, 2021