POSITION: NU Science Explorations Camp Facilitator
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May – August 13, 2021
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30 to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
RATE OF PAY: $14.25 as determined by HR policy (includes 4% vacation pay)
The NU Science Exploration summer camps will concentrate on providing engaging and fun inquiry-based learning experiences that focus on STEM and coding/robotics programming for children aged 7 to 12 years of age. The Camp Facilitators will assist with preparing, organizing and delivering the programming in camps through experiences that focus on different themed weeks in the months of July and August, 2021.
This position will assist with the following:
- Creation of a positive learning environment for youth
- Support and guidance of youth in attendance at the camps
- Organization, planning and implementation of camps
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making with regard to management of camps
- On-site liaison with parents and teachers
- Promotion and marketing of science camp
- Written summaries of daily activities
- Written final report
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Successful candidates will be required to apply and demonstrate approval for NUWork funding to maintain this position
- Experience working with school-aged youth in learning environments
- Strong academic skills as demonstrated through proven academic performance in university studies
- Experience working with virtual/remote platforms for program delivery
- An educational background in science and/or mathematics at a post-secondary level
- Previous experience working with Indigenous students or communities preferred
- First Aid and CPR certification is preferred
- Ability to work independently
- A negative Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
For further information regarding the duties and responsibilities of these positions, please contact Chris Hachkowski, Principal of Indigenous Programs at 474-3461, ext. 4368 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All positions are subject to final budget approval.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter referencing the job title and three (3) references to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Nipissing University is an inclusive employer and will provide accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.