POSITION TITLE: Guest Service Representative
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May 2021 to August 20, 2021
HOURS OF WORK: 28-35 hours per week
RATE OF PAY: $14.25/hour + Vacation as determined by HR policy
Guest Service Representatives assist with providing services for guests staying in our residences throughout the summer. Guest Service Representatives will provide quality customer service beginning with guest check-in through to guest check-out. The Guest Service Representative will be trained to follow appropriate administrative procedures, including verifying guest’s registration and payment information, properly handle financial transactions, responding to general inquiries from guests/clients, assist in maintaining a clean, welcoming and safe environment and communicating effectively with internal and external departments and supervisors. Guest Service Representatives will have the opportunity to work on-call shifts throughout the summer in exchange for provided accommodation.
This position will assist with the following:
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs appropriately
- Accept room registration and individual payments as required at the front desk via phone, email and/or in person
- Take reservations over the telephone, through emails and in person
- Answer queries regarding accommodation services, charges, facilities, travel directions, etc.
- Provide tourist information and general North Bay information to visitors and guests
- Working with housekeeping, maintenance and other university departments to fulfill guests needs and complete assigned tasks
- Resolving service issues and guest complaints by providing appropriate and timely solutions, and follow-up to ensure resolution
- Explain appropriate emergency and security information to guests
- Manage accurate accounting of all rooms
- Recruit, accept and confirm conference registrations
- Assist with conference group preparations such as keys, rooming lists etc.
- Accept and confirm casual short term/long term applications
- Balance, organize and prepare cash and credit payment transactions received daily for accurate financial balancing and reconciliation
- Balance and maintain cash floats
- Perform general office and clerical duties
- Perform a variety of cleaning and housekeeping duties such as; laundry, sweeping, mopping, garbage disposal, dusting, dressing suites, sanitization of office and lobby, etc.
- Other related duties as required
- Successful candidates will be required to apply and demonstrate approval for NUWork funding to maintain this position
- Familiarity with standard computer software and social media platforms
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Excellent level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality
- Excellent level of organizational proficiency, initiative taking, detail oriention, and creativity
- Comfortable dealing with cash, debit and credit card payments
- Ability to work with basic office equipment (fax, photocopier, printers, point of sale machines)
- Knowledge of the University and the City of North Bay and surrounding areas considered asset
- Must be able to lift awkward equipment weighing up to 25 kilograms
- Able to work flexible hours and rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays (e.g. Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, etc.)
- Must not be taking spring, evening or summer continuing education credits, or be engaged by any other agency due to the scheduling of shift work (online courses would be acceptable as long as they would not interfere with shift scheduling)
- Must provide documentation of a “negative” Criminal Record/ Vulnerable Sector Check
This position is subject to budgetary approval
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter referencing the position title and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Nipissing University is an inclusive employer and will provide accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.