If you are a distance student living within the North Bay area (50 km radius) please visit Technology Services in room A139 to pick up your new student card.
If you are a distance student living outside of the North Bay area (50 km radius) and are NOT attending an onsite class at the North Bay campus, a student card is NOT REQUIRED to borrow books from our Harris Learning Library. Further information is available on the Harris Learning Library website.
A student card is only required:
- To access Nipissing University’s Library in person.
- To utilize the libraries at other universities in Ontario
- To obtain student discounts where available
All student cards may be requested on an annual basis and expires at the end of August each year. (For example, if you request a student card in April it will expire in August of the same year).
To order a student card, please complete the following information:
* A photo sent from your Nipissing GMail account will be required please see submission guidelines below.
NOTE: We will mail your student card to the address provided in WebAdvisor once an acceptable photo has been submitted. Please ensure your personal contact information is up-to-date. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.
You must submit a photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Submission Guidelines as follows:
- Background must be uniformly white or light in colour
- Photograph must be in colour taken within the last year
- Applicant must be the only person in the picture
- Must be in .jpeg format labeled with your student number i.e. 0003456.jpg (must be 7 digits)
- Nothing can impede the view of the face, i.e. no hats, sunglasses, gestures
Protection of Privacy
The information on this form is collected under the authority of the Nipissing University Act, 1992. It is related directly to and needed by the University to provide a Nipissing University student card. The information will be disclosed to Technology Services. If you have any questions about the collection, use, and disclosure of this information please contact Technology Services, Nipissing University, 100 College Drive, North Bay, ON P1B 8L7, 705-474-3450 ext. 4342.