This phase is the culmination of learning from all of the previous steps. Applying the knowledge you have of yourself, of the opportunities available to you in your industry, and deciding how to move forward with the job you want, now is the time to transition into getting that role.
- Find a mentor in the field, or someone who will be a sounding board and cheerleader.
- Know how to create a professional resume and cover letter.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the application process when applying for jobs, and create a resume suitable for the position and industry you are applying to.
- Know how to find opportunities in the hidden job market, as well as advertised jobs.
- Practice your interview skills.
- Obtain further qualifications.
- If interested in working abroad, know the customs, application process, geography and work environment.
Continue to learn and grow throughout your career journey, and repeat the Career Evolution process as you progress through the world of work.