Below is a brief summary of the duties of the NURC Executive positions:
Residents’ Council Facilitator
- Two returning NURC Executives are selected annually for the position of Residents’ Council Facilitator (RCF). The RCF works closely with the Residence Life Professionals in facilitating and coordinating the programming and administrative duties of the NURC. The RCFs often collaborate with the Community Advisors in community driven programming and are encouraged to facilitate teambuilding and development opportunities for the NURC.
- Each complex has a President selected annually who coordinates the NURC General Council, chairs the Representative Committee (composed of Floor/Section and Complex Representatives) and participates in the Yearbook Committee. The President serves as a chief advisor to the RCF and Residence Life Professionals on all matters of the NURC.
- Each complex has a Vice-President, Finance selected annually. The VP Finance is responsible for maintaining and updating the complex Council budget and inventory. The VP Finance sits on the Community Action Committee which seeks to engage in both the residence community and community at large. The VP Finance is responsible for budget approval for each NURC program proposed within their complex as well as a Complex Executive team builder each term.
- The Vice-President, Social is selected annually and sits on the Social Committee. The VP Social engages with campus and community partners to provide social opportunities for residents. Administrative duties include providing a summary of each program the NURC presents in their complex as well as a monthly communication of upcoming NURC events and updates.
Vice-President, Athletics and Wellness
- The Vice-President, Athletics and Wellness is selected annually and sits on the Athletics and Wellness Committee. The VP Athletics and Wellness is responsible for the promotion of a healthy, balanced lifestyle through programming and presentation of opportunities for such experiences for residents. The VP Athletics and Wellness is also responsible for coordinating with Nipissing and Canadore Athletics Centres for intramural and varsity opportunities.
- The International Executive is selected annually. The International Executive acts as a liaison between the International Office and the Residence Department to provide our International students with a chance to engage in Canadian, Nipissing, and North Bay culture.