Undergraduate students who wish to plan their programs or who need advice on any academic matter should consult an Academic Advisor.
This may include, but is not limited to:
- planning for degree programs,
- choosing courses,
- clarifying academic procedures or regulations,
- determining academic standing,
- experiencing academic difficulty,
- utilizing college advanced standing or university transfer credits,
- requesting a course overload,
- obtaining a letter of permission to take courses from another university (on-campus or through distance education),
- planning around extended medical absences,
- planning program/courses for an international exchange,
- planning for a second degree,
- waiving of program requirements/academic regulations through academic appeal/petition.
To schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor, you can visit our office at A207, send us an email at email@example.com, or contact us by telephone at 705-474-3450 ext. 4358. Academic Advisors conduct appointments in person and on the telephone.
Do you have a quick question for an Academic Advisor? Please visit us during Drop In Hours.
If you prefer to have your questions answered via email, please send us an inquiry from your Nipissing student email account to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your student ID number anywhere in the email.
Students are responsible for ensuring that the courses in which they register meet the degree requirements of their programs.