Our North Bay Campus is home to state-of-the-art facilities like the Harris Learning Library and the R.J. Surtees Student Athletics Centre. Customize your learning experience in our Applied and Professional Studies, Arts and Science, and Education degree programs.
As of Friday, June 24, 2016, the Muskoka Campus was closed. All programs have been moved and are now offered at the North Bay Campus. Please direct any inquiries to:
100 College Drive
North Bay, ON P1B 8L7
Tel: 705.474.3450, ext.4200
Toll Free (within Ontario): 800.655.5154
The Concurrent Education program at our Brantford Campus is offered in partnership with Laurier Brantford. Graduates receive an Honours Bachelor of Arts in Society, Culture & Environment from Laurier Brantford and a Bachelor of Education from Nipissing.
The Ontario Legislature has passed the Stronger Workplace for a Stronger Economy Act, which extends the Occupational Health and Safety Act to students participating in unpaid placements as part of their post-secondary studies.
To satisfy the requirements of this new initiative, ALL TEACHER CANDIDATES must complete the Ministry of Labour Health and Safety eLearning module and provide a certificate of completion to the Practicum Office.
Candidates in Years 3 - 4 must submit by 4:00 p.m. on SEPTEMBER 23, 2016.
Candidates in Year 5 must submit by 4:00 pm. on JANUARY 20, 2017.
Failure to complete this training by the deadline will jeopardize your placement.
The eLearning module needs to be completed ONCE during the degree program and is not an annual requirement.
• The eLearning module takes 45-60 minutes to complete.
• The eLearning module is unable to keep track of your progress and must be completed in one sitting.
• You will receive a “Proof of Completion” certificate once you complete the training. You must save and/or print the certificate before exiting the module. The Ministry of Labour will not store your certificate or keep a record of training.
• Internet Explorer (9 or 10) or Chrome 17 or higher is required to run the eLearning Module. Note: Those using Windows 7 are advised to use Google Chrome 17+.
• Some school boards may require Teacher Candidates to complete more board specific training in addition to this training. Teacher Candidates will be notified if additional board training is required.
• If you have questions, please contact the Practicum Office or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of November, 2014, the Ontario Government passed Bill 18.pdf which amends the definition of a worker to include students completing unpaid placements.
To meet the new legislative requirements, some school boards are requiring Teacher Candidates complete mandatory Health and Safety training prior to their placement beginning.
Please select the appropriate school board link below for further information regarding mandatory Health and Safety Training requirements.
District School Board of Niagara
District School Board of Niagara (DSBN)
Safety Orientation Package v.2.pdf (Checklist included)
Durham Catholic District School Board
DCDSB Student Teacher Training - Year 5 ONLY
Halton Catholic District School Board
HCDSB - TRAINING VERIFICATION FOR UNPAID WORKERS - Year 5 ONLY
Hamilton Wentworth Catholic District School Board
HWCDSB - Online Training
Peel District School Board
Peel District School Board (PDSB) - Year 5 ONLY
PDSB - WSIB Declaration For Students form
Thames Valley District School Board
Thames Valley District School Board
Upper Grand District School Board
Upper Grand District School Board (UGDSB) - Year 5 ONLY
Waterloo Catholic District School Board
WCDSB Mandatory Student Teacher Training Checklist
Waterloo Region District School Board
Mandatory Health and Safety Training for WRDSB
WRDSB - Student Online Training Guide
HR-16-101 - Terms and Conditions Form
HR-16-100 - Orientation Checklist for UPSP
York Catholic District School Board - Year 5 ONLY
York Catholic District School Board (Updated 16/17)
York Region District School Board- Year 5 ONLY
York Region District School Board (Updated 16/17)
© Nipissing University
2017 • Disclaimer • Privacy • Accessibility